CCP HOLDS VIRGINLABFEST 8 WRITING FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
The Cultural Center of the Philippines is mounting a two-weeklong Virgin Labfest 8 Writing Fellowship Program for 10 aspiring writers from June 26-July 6, 2012. Consisting of script writing workshop, lectures, discussions and script critiquing, this program is part of the Festival’s desire to train young aspiring playwrights.
To be qualified for the Virgin Labfest 8 Writing Fellowship Program, applicants must be:
- 1. an enrolled college student;
- 2. 23 years old or below;
- able to submit the following:
- Fully accomplished Application Form (downloadable from the CCP website)
- 1 (one) to 3(three) sample literary works, either drama or fiction, full or excerpts which should have the following requirements.
- Written either in Filipino, English, Hiligaynon or Kinaray-a.
- Not have been published or produced by a professional theater company.
- Not have won in any national writing competition.
- In .pdf format (12 points, double-spaced, 8” x 11” paper)
- Total number of pages must not exceed 10.
- The real name / identity of the applicant must not be written on any part of the sample works.
All submissions should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission of all requirements: June 8, 2012.
All submissions will undergo a pre-screening process. Accepted applicants must be present for the full duration of the two-weeklong fellowship and the culminating showcase.
The 10 applicants accepted to the Virgin Labfest 8 Writing Fellowship Program will be given an all-access pass to this year’s festival plays and selected rehearsals as part of their mentorship. The fellows will also have the opportunity to join the Talkback and Interaction with known playwrights, directors and selected actors. A minimal registration fee of P300 will be required of all accepted applicants.
The Fellowship Program will conclude in a staged reading of the fellow’s works on July 6, 2012 at the CCP Bulwagang Amado Hernandez at 6 PM.
Observers are also welcome to attend selected lectures and discussions, for a fee of P50 per session.
The Virgin Labfest is a highly distinguished annual festival of unpublished, unstaged, untried and untested works of playwrights, directors and actors. In the past seven years, it has gained its reputation by producing provocative and outstanding ‘virgin’ plays mostly which have been recognized by the Palanca Awards for Literature.
Announcement of accepted applicants: June 15, 2012