The Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) is now accepting applications for the Virgin Labfest 9 Writing Fellowship Program happening from June 25 to July 7, 2013.
To qualify, applicants must be:
1. A college student or young professional;
2. 29 years old or below;
3. Able to submit the following via email to email@example.com :
a. Fully accomplished Application Form (downloadable from the CCP website)
b. One (1) to two (2) sample literary work/s, either drama or fiction, full or excerpts which should have
the following requirements–
- Written either in Filipino, English, Hiligaynon, Kinaray-a or Cebuano.
- Not have been published or produced by a professional theater company.
- Not have won in any national writing competition.
- In .doc format (12 points, double-spaced, 8” x 11” paper)
- Total number of pages must not exceed 10.
- The real name / identity of the applicant must not be written on any part of the sample works.
Deadline for submission of requirements is June 4, 2013.
Only the writers who will go through the complete application process will be considered.
The Virgin Labfest 9 Writing Fellowship Program is a two-week mentorship program on the study and practice of dramatic writing for the stage. The fellows will take part in lectures, discussions, and workshops on playwriting and script critiquing. They will also be given an access pass to this year’s festival plays and selected rehearsals, as well as the opportunity to participate in the Talkback and Interaction with known playwrights, directors and selected actors. The Fellowship Program will culminate in a staged reading of the fellows’ works on July 7 at the CCP Bulwagang Amado Hernandez at 6 PM.
Accepted writers must be present for the full duration of the program, and a minimal registration fee of P500 will be required of all fellows. This includes modules and tickets to this year’s Virgin Labfest shows.
The Virgin Labfest is a highly distinguished annual festival of unpublished, unstaged, untried and untested works of playwrights, directors and actors. It has gained its reputation by producing provocative and outstanding ‘virgin’ plays mostly which have been recognized by the Palanca Awards for Literature. The Virgin Labfest 9 Writing Fellowship Program is part of the Center’s desire to train young aspiring playwrights.
Announcement of accepted applicants: June 14, 2013